Sunday, January 11, 2009

MAKING PROGRESS

Here's a quick update on progress for my 2009 goals (Pretty cool I already need an update, and it's only Jan. 11. Ha.):

1. Declutter - I cleaned out the large closet in my office while I was putting my Christmas decorations away in the closet. Makes me happy just to see all those nutcrackers and assorted gift bags lined up so neatly. Next up is my pantry. I hope to save some money this month by eating things I already have (brilliant, I know) Who knows what four-year-old tasty treats I'll find?!?!

2. Try new church - I have visited a new church twice now. I like it. It's very large, and I heard that the singles and single parents all kind of sit in one area towards the top. I sat near the top and looked around - I think I was sitting near the high schoolers (or, God help me, the singles are REALLY YOUNG there). I'll try a different section next time.

3. Get on Facebook - Spent last evening with a friend looking through her Facebook account and at all of her "friends" and her friends "friends." I can tell that it will be quite addictive. We studied up on various people and decided that we both need to have "fun" pictures on our page (as in "I may be a single mom but I really like to be all carefree and have fun.") However, these photos are just not easy to come by. We're thinking about staging some with random neighbors.

4. Exercise and losing weight - No comment.

No comments: