Monday, November 3, 2008

PARTY WITH THE GROWN-UPS

Had an interesting evening Friday night. Sugared up after an evening of sneaking Cole’s candy out of his trusty orange pumpkin, I headed out on what we’re calling “Operation Truth” - a husband who needed some surveillance. Long story short, I ended up in a raucous bar, dressed in my sweater set from Harold’s and frumpy brown shoes, drinking a Merlot (hey, I don't get out much and frankly, if I'm drinking alcohol I want a glass of red wine!) by myself at an empty table for five right in the middle of the bar. Complicating my mission was the fact that everyone was dressed up in Halloween costumes, keeping the suspect disguised. (Nothing's ever easy!) I was thinking “is this how the other half lives?” Do grown ups really dress up on Halloween? For those of you who were stuck with your little trick-or-treaters Friday night, the answer is “yes.” There’s a whole other world of Halloween out there that involves lots of beer, smoking and dancing. Who knew?

No comments: