Monday, December 29, 2008

AS USUAL

Getting organized for the week, I asked my ex-husband what his plans were for the week. The New Year's Eve conversation went as it usually does:
Him: So, well, what were you thinking for New Year's Eve?
Me: Well, what were you thinking?
Him: Well, we [him and his girlfriend] were kind of hoping you didn't have plans...
Me: Hoping or planning that I didn't have plans?
Him: Well, you know.

And then I have to admit: OK, fine. I don't have plans. I'll be glad to ring in the New Year with Cole.

I figure one of us might as well get to have a night on the town, and it wasn't going to be me. (To note: Last New Year's Eve I did have plans - a fabulous dinner party at one of my best friend's house - I was the only single person there, but what's new? I was so proud to tell my ex-husband I actually did have plans. Once over the past eight years isn't bad!)

No comments: