Sunday, December 7, 2008

POOP IN THE MOUTH

I'm sitting here trying to work and having a good cry watching the end of one of those old episodes of Little House on the Prairie. Love that old show. It was the Christmas episode where Laura gives up her beloved pony to that awful Nellie Olsen in order to get her mom a stove as a Christmas gift. Call me a loser, but I dare you to watch that episode and not cry.

Thought I'd report on Red's (my dog's) missionary work. (I just knew when I bought him he had a heart for missions. Ha.) He did pass the class at church and went on his second nursing home visit today. The visit did not start off well. As we gathered in front of the nursing home to pray, Red plunged his face into some yellow poop that he proceeded to happily eat. Lovely.

After some serious clean up, however, he did very well. So many of the rooms are warm and cozy, he tends to just curl up and want to stay. He did play the cute dog part well. One lady thought he was actually a baby - her great-grandchild in fact. She was a bit confused.

No comments: