Friday, December 19, 2008

CHRISTMAS AT MY HOUSE

OK. So here's the deal. I spent THREE days following Thanksgiving decorating my house for Christmas. I tried a new mantle, created a new tree for my kitchen table and even created a vignette of three candles nestled in "snow" (crystals from our adventure last year to Arkansas).
It is Dec. 19, and I've coming to the depressing realization that the only people who have seen the results of my three days of decorating are me, Cole, my mom, my maid and one mom who made it into the entryway of my house.
Instead of spending a few hours of staring-at-the-ceiling-fan therapy, I've decided to be proactive and share my decorated house with you. I am telling myself that there are a number of "yous" out there that actually read this blog.
(I have now spent 45 minutes trying to load photos for the first time to my blog. I am not happy. I am all about work-arounds, so I'm just going to load them as separate posts)

2 comments:

Understated Prep said...

I particularly like the fact that you painted your walls just the right color purely for the Christmas season...or was that the 'note of passion' that colors your life!?!

Melissa said...

It is so fun to see the inside of your house! Your decorations are simply lovely. I, too, was initiated into the let-your-four/five-year-old-pick-the-tacky-tree-topper-club this year!