Saturday, December 6, 2008

FROM THE HEART

Got a massage this morning, and it was great. The funny thing was the guy giving me the massage must have been hungry. His stomach growled the whole time - I'm always so distracted when I get a massage anyway! It really was nice though.

I used a gift certificate for the massage that Cole gave me for last Mother's Day. Cole's father has always been generous in helping Cole buy me gifts. After getting the first massage gift certificate from him, I knew I was on to something. "Cole, Mommy sure does love massages....yes I do. That's a great gift!"

I have taken a more creative approach with the gifts I help Cole buy his father (Christmas, Father's Day, birthday). I just let Cole pick out the gift - it's from his little heart (and clearly his father has not picked up on how to drop some serious hints).

So, Cole has given his father a musical Christmas tie, Spiderman bathmat and blue squishy pillow over the years. The singing Christmas beaver Cole bought him several years ago is the only accessory in his father's living room. The furry guy strangely sits in the middle of the coffee table - year round.

I'll let you know what Cole comes up with this year...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

the very image of said singing Christmas beaver on said ex husband's coffee table makes me chuckle HARD! THAT is pure comedy and fodder for a John Hughes comeback blockbuster!